AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT PRIVACY
My CPE Pty Ltd (“My CPE”) has collected/received personal information about you. The information we hold about you is a result of you registering on our website and subscribing to the products and services we offer. The information we hold about you is visible on your profile and can be updated by you as required.
My CPE takes our privacy obligations seriously, and accordingly makes the following disclosure to you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
1. Your personal information has been collected by My CPE Pty Ltd (ABN 42 602 641 510).
3. You can contact the Privacy Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we only collect information from you directly and do not collect information about you from other sources or third parties.
5. Collection of Statistical Data – The Australian Government collects statistical data for all nationally recognised vocational training. This data is collected under the provisions of AVETMISS. Much of the personal information obtained during the registration process for formal qualifications are associated with these requirements. This information only relates to nationally recognised training.
6. We may ask you to provide personal information if you register on this site. We will only do this:
meet your needs (e.g. provide the products and services requested, and answer
• to communicate with you;
• to meet our needs such as manage and enhance our products and services (e.g. demographic analysis)
• to facilitate our internal business purposes;
• to provide ongoing marketing information about our products and services to people that we believe may be interested;
• to comply with legal obligations;
• to deal with complaints and enquiries; and;
• recruitment of employees and contractors;
• if required by law.
7. The types of individuals we usually collect this information about include:
members, users, customers, clients, and suppliers;
• job applicants, employees, and contractors; and
• other people who may come into contact with us.
8. Normally, we collect personal information from you for the following purposes:
• Your personal information may be obtained directly from you, including by way of telephone conversations, internet enquiries you make, forms you may fill out, face-to-face meetings, industry events or interviews. We will use this information to provide the products and services requested from us.
• There may be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect it directly from you. For example, we may obtain a reference from a third party. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
9. If we ask for further information from you and you omit to provide the relevant personal information we need, then we may not be able to provide you with the requested products and services.
10. You have a qualified right of access to personal information which we hold about you. It is qualified because there may be circumstances where we must not give access or where we are entitled to withhold it. If you require access please write to us as indicated above.
11. It is important that that the quality of personal information we hold about you is accurate. If your details change please request that information we hold about you to be changed or annotated if it is incomplete, out of date, incorrect or misleading. Alternatively, you can change this information on the portal.
12. Marketing – we will use your personal information for direct marketing to keep you informed of the products and services in which you have expressed an interest. We may periodically ask for other information voluntarily for example, through market research or survey activities, to enable us to improve our product and services range or consider the greater needs of our market. Periodically we may pass on your personal information to related parties or unrelated third parties for marketing purposes. You will be given the option to ‘opt-out’ from direct marketing.
13. Related parties – We will not give your personal information to third parties without your consent, unless required by law and with the exception of providing your personal information to related parties for the purpose of these parties to deliver the products and services requested on this site. Depending on the product or service concerned, personal information may be disclosed to:
• service providers and specialist advisers to My CPE who have been engaged to provide My CPE with training, administrative, financial, research or other products and services;
• legislative and regulatory authorities as agreed or authorised by law; or
• anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual in subscribing to the Service or purchasing goods and services.
• We require that organisations outside My CPE who handle or obtain personal information as service providers to My CPE acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and this Policy. We also require that these organisations use this information only for our purposes and otherwise, follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
14. This site transmits information securely across the internet. We recognise that there may be risks transmitting information across the internet even though the site is secured by SSL. We will notify you if there is an event whereby your personal information has not transmitted securely.
15. How do we store personal information?
• Protecting the privacy of your information is vital to My CPE, whether you interact with My CPE personally, by telephone, mail, over the Internet or other electronic media. We retain personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. We store all your personal information in Australia for the purposes set out above and will not disclose such information to international organisations.
• We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
16. The Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) also require My CPE not to store personal information longer than necessary. Where we no longer require any personal information, we will destroy or de-identify it.
In engaging with My CPE Pty Ltd, you are consenting to My CPE:
• Collecting and using your personal information in the manner outlined above;
• Making contact with any third parties you have nominated and given My CPE permission to engage with on your behalf;
• Retaining your information on our database for future access until such time as you advise My CPE that you would like your details to be removed;
• Providing information on the products and services in which you have expressed an interest.
• At any time you may ask My CPE to remove all your personal information from our database and files, and you may also request that we no longer send you any marketing communications. Again this can be done by contacting the Privacy Officer.
• Sensitive information subject to additional restrictions – Whilst we will endeavour not to collect personal information which is considered ‘sensitive’ we cannot control what information you store on your profile. Sensitive information includes a person’s racial or ethnic origin, religion, membership of political bodies or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health and medical history. The APP’s require that sensitive information is used and disclosed only for the purposes for which it was provided, or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or for other specific reasons such as if the use or disclosure of this information is required by law.
17. If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please provide our Privacy Officer with full details of your complaint and any supporting documentation by email.
18. Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to:
Provide an initial response to your query or complaint within 10 business days,
• Investigate and attempt to resolve your query or complaint within 30 business days or such longer period as is necessary and notified to you by our Privacy Officer.
19. Updates to this Privacy Statement:
The information on this website is intended to provide basic information (current and historic) relating to the products and services My CPE Pty Ltd offers. The information on this site does not constitute professional, accounting, financial or legal advice. Although every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, no guarantee is made that the site is up to date or otherwise accurate. Readers should seek independent professional, accounting, financial or legal advice specific to their own circumstances.
© My CPE Pty Ltd 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Works distributed by My CPE Pty Ltd are intended to assist participants in their learning programs and contain current and accurate information at the time of dissemination however no assurance is given that the information is comprehensive in its coverage. Accordingly, the information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for advice from a qualified professional. My CPE Pty Ltd does not render any accounting, legal or other professional advice and its directors, shareholders, officeholders, employees and consultants exclude themselves from any liability that may arise directly or indirectly from matters contained within this work.
My CPE Pty Ltd cannot warrant that the material contained herein will continue to be accurate or that it is completely free of errors when published nor have any responsibility for updating or revising any information presented herein. Readers should verify statements before relying on them.
Unless otherwise stated, copyright in the material is owned by My CPE Pty Ltd. No part of this work may be reproduced, shared or transmitted in any form or by any means (graphic, electronic or mechanical, including copying, recording or information retrieval systems) without the written permission of My CPE Pty Ltd. My CPE Pty Ltd has a licencing agreement with certain organisations which allows the use of these publications to support learning programs.
To the extent that copyright subsists in a third party, it remains with the original owner and where required, permission has been sought to distribute such material.
Some material presented on this website is derived from information provided under Creative Commons.
Some images have been sourced and used under CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication. Attribution: Pixabay.
Version 1.0 last updated 19 April 2022.